It takes hands to build a house but only hearts can build a home! Unknown

Monday, June 7, 2010

Mother's Day

K- cooking dinner.mmm

B- helping her dad cook dinner, and having fun while doing it.



L- sleeping with w/gift hiding under her books.



So I haven't been too great about keeping up on my blog and I'm not great about taking pictures either sometimes, but I really enjoy it when I get the chance. But Mother's Day this year was one of my best so far. I love being a mom it has blessed my life so much. And I have a great husband, because he was behind all of the wonderful gifts I received for Mother's Day.

I got breakfast in bed, 2 dozon roses, plants and homeade cards from my kids, a work free day,and lots of attention. The best part was just hanging out together and seeing how excited they were to give me there little gifts.

L- My 5 yr old came home on the Friday before mother's day and pulled a bag out of her backpack and ran up stairs. She said I couldn't come in her room until Mother's Day, I said "Well how am I going to read you a story?" A few minutes later she came out and said "OK mom you can go in but don't look on the side of my bed!

Later I went in to find a mountain of books on the floor next to her bed, she had made a house of books around the gift she didn't want me to see(picture above). She was so excited and wanted to make sure I didn't see it until Mother's Day!
I loved the look on her face when she brought it to me that morning. How could I not act soo excited to open it! It was a beautiful flower plant she grow at school, we planted it in the front flower bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment