It takes hands to build a house but only hearts can build a home! Unknown

Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Calling!!!

I was recently called to be the Seminary teacher in our ward. This is the first calling I have been sooo excited to have. It's a little different out here in the east though. You don't have your own building, you use your home, and teach just the students in your home ward(there are 10). The interesting thing about it is that when we bought our home I thought "this house is way too big for our family" so I told Heavenly Father I wanted to use it to service him whenever I can. And since then I have had many opportunities to do so. Also the week before I was called I was talking to my sister about how I wished they had an institute class that I could take so I could get back into my scriptures like I did while on my mission. That had also been in my prayers at night. So when I recieved the call I just laughed because I knew Heavenly Father was answering my prayers. Not only can I use my home to serve the Lord but I feel his spirit stronger in my life and the love he has for me and my family. Now I can study my scriptures everyday and feel his spirit with me. The kids in my class are awesome, they are very strong and knowledgable about the scriptures. I'm learning so much from them and am grateful for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment